Seven Requisites for Healthy Grief
● Significant progress in reducing any psychological wounds (Lesson 1).
● Awareness of (a) healthy-grieving basics, (b) our grieving policies, (c) our tangible and invisible losses, and (d) the impacts of our losses on us and key others.
● Confidence in surviving our losses and their impacts;
● Steady personal and family commitment to healthy grieving;
● Consistent inner and outer permissions to feel and express shock, confusion, anger, and sadness; and to identify our losses and what they mean to us;
● Motivation to meditate, sort out, feel, and move through the pha- ses of each grieving level at our own pace; and
● Time, compassion, support, and patience.